Sir Fry Shrimp with Red Chili Peppers (Goong Pad Prik Daeng กุ้งผัดพริกแดง)

by - February 28, 2015

I have said many times before but some of you are new here, so I say again--I love shrimp and I think shrimp is a perfect food. If there is only one food that I can choose, then it is going to be shrimp. I love it that much. I usually stock up more than enough medium size shrimp in my fridge so that I can enjoy it as often as I could. 


Sir Fry Shrimp with Red Chili Peppers, Goong Pad Prik Daeng กุ้งผัดพริกแดง, today 's recipe, is one the easiest ways to cook shrimp. It would take just 10-15 minutes to whip up this flavorful yet light dish.Though the recipe calls for some spices that you don't normally stock in your pantry, but you can surely get them from most Asian supermarket.  

The dish looks pretty hot and spicy, and I'll be honest, it's does. However you don't have to add in the same amount of chili as I did. Also using the different kind of chili can reduce the spiciness of the dish. This stir fly shrimp is still flavor even the chili was left entirely. 

Below is my Sir Fry Shrimp with Red Chili Peppers recipe.    

Ingredients
120 grams shrimp
5 chopped red chilies
3 grams green peppercorns
6-7 cloves Thai garlic
34 tablespoon palm sugar
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
12 tablespoon fish sauce
80 ml. water
40 grams shimeji mushroom

2 tablespoon vegetable oil for stir frying

Preparation
  • In a frying pan, heat the oil. Then add in chopped garlic and chopped chilies. Stir fry for 10 seconds.
,


  • Add in shimeji mushroom, stir fry until is done. 


  • Then add in shrimp, green peppercorns, palm sugar, oyster sauce, fish sauce, water. Stir to combine. Dish out, serve with a plate of steamed rice.  Enjoy








You May Also Like

0 comments