Braised Pork Noodles (ก๋วยเตี๋ยวหมูตุ๋น)

by - March 21, 2015

My little boy started to really like pork, which make me the most happiest mom in the world. I love pork a lot and now I have more reasons to cook pork. 

Braised Pork Noodles is one of the recipes that I often make on weekend when nobody heads outdoor. I would prepare a large pot of broth on Friday night so that I would have less work on weekend. Then I just cook noodles and meat, ladling the hot broth over. This way I could serve delicious homemade noodles any time I want (even for breakfast). I know noodles are one of the foods that usually left to pros. But, what if I told you that making noodles is easy and I guarantee you can make it? Would you believe me? Or have the long list of ingredients turned you off from this wonderful nutritious dish? Let me convince you to try making it one more time.


Here is my step by step recipe for perfectly cooked juicy braised pork noodles. 

Ingredients
pork butt 450-500 grams

for the marinade
3 tablespoon Thai light soy sauce 
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine 
4 tablespoon water
2 teaspoon sugar
2 cloves Chinese garlic, finely sliced

for the broth 
450 grams pork bone
2,000 ml.water
6 tablespoon light soy sauce (ซีอิ้วขาว)
90 grams pork intestine 
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoon garlic brine (นํ้ากระเทียมดอง)
1.5 tablespoon rock sugar
2 tablespoon fish sauce
2 slices dried galangal (ข่า)
2 star arise
15 freshly ground black peppercorns 

noodles of your choice
pork balls
fired garlic (กระเทียมเจียว)

Preparation 
Cut the pork into 3 pieces, transfer into zip lock bag. Add in all the marinade, let sit in the fridge over night. 

Marinating the pork is one of the best ways to guarantee a juicy braised pork. Even a quick 30 minutes marinade (or up the 4 hours) makes a big difference. Marinating actually changes the cell structure within the meat, resulting in a noticeably juicer and tastier braised pork. You can add other seasonings like peppercorns, fresh herb for more flavor. If you have extra time, I recommend marinating the pork overnight. 

The next day, parboil the pork bone and intestines, place them in a large pot with all the broth ingredients. Cook over the low heat for 3 hours.   

Bring the pork out of the fridge. Heat your frying pan with some oil vegetable, then sear the pork for 5 seconds on each side. Add in some water, the cover with a lid, cooking over the low heat until the pork is tender and the water evaporates almost completely. Remove from the heat, let cool completely before slicing the pork. 



Cook the noodles according to direction on the package, place them in the serving bowl along with other toppings, ladle the hot broth over. Enjoy!! 

You May Also Like

0 comments